A woman’s body goes through tremendous changes during & after pregnancy. While some can be seen, such as weight gain & water retention, others such as emotional and chemical changes may be harder to recognize. Studies done at the University of Miami’s Medical School examined the influence of massage on both pregnant woman and their babies. They reported decreased anxiety and reduced depression throughout the length of therapy. Also, newborns of the mothers receiving massage were less likely to have a low birth weight or to be born prematurely.
- Reducing stress on weight bearing joints, such as ankles, lower back and pelvis
- Assists in maintaining proper posture
- Preparing muscles used during childbirth
- Lessening the pain of sciatic and carpal tunnel syndrome
- Helping the body to “bounce back” from childbirth, just to name a few. The benefits are almost endless.
Prenatal Package ~ Assisting you in making the most of this time, I have created a program that is designed to relax, sooth & prepare you for your little one’s arrival. (6) 1 hr. Prenatal Massages with your 1st Postnatal apptmnt FREE for $440. Can be used in any way you choose…recommended 1x monthly to help maintain balance & harmony.
Labor Massage is also available. Please call for more information.
“A mother is she who can take the place of all others but whose place no one else can take.” ~ Cardinal Mermillod